- Jan 04, 2017
One Love currently outsources the bookkeeping function, but we are now looking to bring the capability in-house. We seek a bookkeeper to be responsible for various general accounting and bookkeeping tasks, in addition to financial reporting and oversight.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Process accounts payable, including verification of invoices/financial amounts, voucher preparation and resolution of billing discrepancies
- Process accounts receivable, including invoicing, tracking, and collections
- Process credit card statements, including coding of expenses to the appropriate expense category
- Process reimbursements, including coding of expenses to the appropriate expense category
- Monitor bank account activities and journalize transactions, including cash receipts, wire transfers, ACH and direct debits
- Perform month-end bank reconciliations; reconciling QuickBooks entries with Salesforce entries for the month. Working closely with donor services and merchandise team members to ensure accurate revenue and expense recognition
- Record payroll and benefit expenses and code accordingly
- Track grants received and associated expense balances; issue reports as requested
- Prepare monthly financial reports for presentation to internal management as well as the Board of Directors
- Other duties as required
- Deep passion for One Love’s mission and movement
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years accounting experience; knowledge of nonprofit accounting a plus
- Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks; experience with QuickBooks Online and/or FundEZ a plus
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Extremely detail-oriented and able to process data with the right balance between accuracy and efficiency
- Independent, organized, self-starter with the ability to plan and prioritize work schedule
- Ability to present financial data and information to Senior Management
- Extremely self-motivated with the ability to work both independently as well as part of a team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Sense of humor is a plus!
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The compensation and benefits package is competitive with comparable nonprofits in the region.
The position is based in Westchester County, New York, a 35-minute train ride from Grand Central Station in Manhattan.
TO APPLY: Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Put: “I’m your next Bookkeeper” in the subject line
- Include an attached resume in PDF format
- In 150 words or less, pitch us on why you’re the best candidate for the job