Content Writer Coordinator
- Aug 07, 2017
One Love is looking for a talented writer who is passionate about the movement, able to create educational discussion guides and online digital content. The ideal candidate will have a strong eye towards evolving content for different formats, mediums or platforms and isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves to learn new skills and test new ideas. Successful writing will ultimately inspire people to start conversations about the difference between healthy and unhealthy relationship behaviors in their everyday lives.
One Love’s brand is accessible, non-judgmental, and like a good friend who always has your back. The right candidate will channel that brand voice and create compelling experiences via our owned channels on SMS and email that inform and inspire people to act and start conversations.
- Create original content with a point of view on relationship abuse that helps turn One Love into the equivalent of a “media publisher” with a focus on healthy and unhealthy relationship behaviors, emotional abuse, and relationship abuse for diverse audiences
- Comfortably navigate between instructional and educational posts as well as pop culture
- Spot trends in the news and/or popular buzz and turn them into successful content pieces
- Create educational content to support One Love and our programming, collaborating with a team to design content that educates others about healthy and unhealthy relationship behaviors and that our engagement team can use in the field and on the ground to activate communities
- Develop strategies and writing to highlight heroes of the One Love movement
- Interview, write and tell the stories of the real people behind the One Love movement, with a keen eye on how to empower others along the way
- Develop strategies on how these stories can be distributed—video, podcast, or written form
- Test new content concepts and ideas, researching and experimenting with new content concepts
- Develop the strategy for execution of these experiments on a limited budget
- Examples could include developing a podcast strategy, running a user-generated video campaign as part of our #ThatsNotLove umbrella, testing ideas for short social video content, and diving deep into a storytelling strategy
- Exceptional writing skills – ability to write content across different mediums
- Strong handle on current news and trends, and ability to evolve them into relevant content for One Love
- Comfort with and desire to be innovative and contribute to the evolution of One Love’s content strategy
- Experimentation mindset – able to build, test, evaluate and redirect based on results
- Ideally a basic knowledge of video, graphic design, motion graphics, or a combo
- Comfort with co-creation and design, helping people understand best practices for each of the communication mediums
Personal Qualities and Attributes
- Deep passion for One Love’s mission and movement
- An engaging and approachable demeanor. Someone who has a collaborative mindset.
- A polished communicator and excellent writer, able to effectively articulate the case for One Love support
- High energy, enthusiasm and a strong work ethic
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at once and to galvanize a team to do so as well
- Collaborative, team-driven style
- Superior organizational, time-management and follow-up skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset that embraces experimentation and can quickly pivot where required
- Sense of humor a plus!
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity; someone who uses a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regard to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance
- Bachelor’s degree required
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The compensation and benefits package is commensurate with experience and is competitive with comparable nonprofits in the region.
This position is based in Bronxville, New York, a 35-minute train ride from Grand Central Station in Manhattan.
TO APPLY: Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Put: “I’m your next Content Writer & Coordinator” in the subject line
- Include an attached resume in PDF format
- In 300 words or less, pitch us on why you’re the best candidate for the job
- Include two examples of pieces you’ve written in the past