LEAD WEB DEVELOPER
- Jan 02, 2016
The Lead Web Developer will play a key role in identifying and developing initiatives and web strategies that help us bring our movement to end relationship abuse to life. Over the next year, One Love will evolve joinonelove.org to make it a one-stop shop where users can “learn” and “do” around issues of relationship abuse. The end goals include increasing our user base, site traffic, and engagement/activation rates. The person interested in this role will be an expert at developing processes and efficient systems using movement-building platforms that will ultimately allow for scale and engagement.
Web Development. The Lead Web Developer will implement technology updates and liaison directly with technology and product vendors when needed. He/she will be able to create pathways from our CMS to collect and store organizational key performance indicators (KPIs) seamlessly in our CRM. The candidate should be comfortable building both front-end and back-end website features. He/she will manage multiple web projects and features from concept to implementation.
User Experience. The Lead Web Developer will be the keeper of the user experience. He/she will have a keen eye towards design and always work to optimize web processes and user flows to keep people engaged and on site. At times this will require the Web Developer and Data Manager to gather, interpret, and make decisions regarding joinonelove.org using analytics and/or user feedback.
Data. The Lead Web Developer will be incredibly comfortable with data. He/she will love to capture, scrub and use data from our CRM/CMS to think through larger questions of engagement and activation. Additionally, they will feel comfortable consulting the data to determine what technical products the team should invest in and be knowledgeable about the latest technology and how it could be implemented to further our KPIs and mission.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5-8 years of work experience that includes:
- The ability to both think big picture about the direction of the One Love digital strategy and dive into the details of the HTML/CSS, site admin and the CRM/CMS of our digital product.
- Building websites and web products on top of the CRM, Salesforce.
- Familiar with or extremely confident in ability to learn:
- HTML/CSS and basic knowledge of liquid logic
- CRM/CMS expert or has the ability to explain a CRM/CMS to a novice!
- Google Analytics
- The difference between outputs and outcomes
- User experience design with basic graphic design ability a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Extremely self-motivated and a master multi-tasker
- Sense of humor a plus
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The compensation and benefits package is competitive with comparable nonprofits in the region.
The position is based in Westchester County, New York, a 35-minute train ride from Grand Central Station in Manhattan. Limited travel may be required.
TO APPLY: Send the following to email@example.com
- Put: “I’m your next Lead Web Developer” in the subject line
- Include an attached resume in PDF format
- Find and document one strategic improvement you would make to www.joinonelove.org