Fundraising fuels our growth and helps us to distribute this important information to as many people as possible. We are looking to hire an enthusiastic contributor to support our Development team in coordinating all gift processing and donor relationship efforts.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who believes wholeheartedly in our mission and is eager to coordinate a growing nonprofit’s fundraising team. The Development Coordinator will play an important role by supporting all fundraising activities including donor management and appeals.
- Record and maintain accurate information in donor database, including updating donor data, tracking incoming revenue, and running reports as appropriate in support of these activities
- Prepare written acknowledgements for gifts received and ensure any other appropriate acknowledgements are made
- Proactively track and follow-up on all employer matching gift requests, recurring monthly donations, and any other donation processing issues
- Provide front-line customer service, including intake of donor gift inquiries, processing customer services issues generated by any donation method, and direct follow-up with donors
- Serve as a liaison between donors and staff, making calls and handling inquiries related to One Love and the development team
- Take a lead role in donor management and organization. Add individuals, corporations, and foundations into Salesforce; verify accuracy of donor information; and update regularly across the organization
Development Team Support
- Develop and run reports in Salesforce
- Assist with preparation of mailings: compile lists and check for accuracy; work with the team to ensure timely distribution
- Work collaboratively and professionally within the Development team and within the organization at large
- Other related duties as requested
- Experience in customer-facing role preferred, preferably in a nonprofit donor services setting
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multitask, prioritize, and work well under pressure in a fast-paced and high-volume environment
- Experience with a CRM database, preferably Salesforce
- Outstanding relationship building skills and communication skills, including the ability to work with staff and donors at all levels, and represent the organization with enthusiasm, professionalism, and discretion as needed
Personal Qualities and Attributes
- Deep passion for One Love’s mission and movement
- An engaging and approachable demeanor. Someone who has a collaborative – not turfy – mindset
- A polished communicator and excellent writer, able to effectively articulate the case for One Love support
- High energy, enthusiasm and a strong work ethic
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at once and to galvanize a team to do so as well
- Collaborative, team-driven style
- Superior organizational, time-management and follow-up skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset that embraces experimentation and can quickly pivot where required
- Sense of humor a plus!
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity; someone who uses a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regards to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance
- Bachelor’s degree required
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The compensation and benefits package is competitive with nonprofits of comparable size in the region.
The position is based in Westchester County, New York, a 35-minute train ride from Grand Central Station in Manhattan.
TO APPLY: Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Put: “I’m your next Development Coordinator” in the subject line
- Include an attached resume in PDF format
- In 150 words or less, pitch us on why you’re the best candidate for the job