Digital and Social Media Volunteer
- May 05, 2015
The Digital and Social Media Volunteer will be a key contributor to One Love’s digital presence. The ideal candidate for this position will be excited by the opportunity to work on a dedicated content and marketing team to help execute creative strategies for spreading awareness of One Love’s brand and meaningfully engaging young people in One Love’s movement for change. This individual will be eager to learn and comfortable assisting with some day-to-day management of One Love’s owned social media channels.
- Research and find content for use on One Love’s social channels
- Assist with the creation of content for One Love’s social media
- Download and storage of photos from social media tagged with @join1love
- Help in the collection of digital metrics each month
- Assist with writing for the Learn segment of One Love’s website (joinonelove.org)
- Assist in the collection of social media influencer lists and execution of influencer marketing strategy
- Coursework in the field of advertising, marketing, public relations, communications and/or design
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Creative mindset
- Knowledge of popular social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube and Twitter
- No previous work experience is required, but must be very eager to learn, hard-working and able to work well with others
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite products (Photoshop, InDesign, Premier Pro, etc.) is a plus
Personal Qualities and Attributes
- Deep passion for One Love’s mission and movement
- An engaging and approachable demeanor. Someone who has a collaborative – not turfy – mindset
- A polished communicator and excellent writer, able to effectively articulate the case for One Love support
- High energy, enthusiasm, and a strong work ethic
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at once and to galvanize a team to do so as well
- Superior organizational, time-management and follow-up skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset that embraces experimentation and can quickly pivot where required
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity; someone who uses a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regard to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance
- Sense of humor a plus!
This is a part-time, unpaid volunteer opportunity. This volunteer opportunity could be used towards college credit if enrolled in a participating program.
Days and times for volunteer opportunity will be based on the candidate’s availability. The position is based in Westchester County, New York, but candidate can work remotely with some office visits required.
TO APPLY: Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Put “I’m your next Digital and Social Media Volunteer” in the subject line
- Attach your resume in PDF format
- Tell us why you want the job!