DIGITAL MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
The ideal candidate for this critical position will be excited by the opportunity to develop creative strategies for spreading awareness of One Love’s products and meaningfully engaging young people in Team One Love and this movement for change. He or she will be comfortable creating and building, and eager to use a combination of creativity and analytics to evaluate the effectiveness of strategies deployed. The right candidate will have a high degree of self-motivation and will be excited to work in a fast-paced, start-up like environment.
The Digital Marketing and Communications Manager position will be a key leader in overseeing our owned channels, as well as, developing and executing strategies to drive more traffic—whether online or offline—to One Love. More specifically, he or she will have responsibilities in the following areas:
- Content Strategy. The ideal candidate will oversee the processes, content creation and execution of all content from the One Love brand owned-channels (including email, social media, blog, etc.). He/she will be confident in identifying the brand tone and then modifying that tone given the outlet and/or campaign. In a limited capacity, he/she will also be comfortable developing strategies around earned media.
- Digital Marketing. The Digital Marketing and Communications Manager should know how to effectively drive traffic both offline and online using digital tools and tactics. SEO, SEM, content marketing, influencer marketing, campaign marketing, and social media optimization should all be subjects he/she is familiar with and eager to deploy. Experience and/or knowledge of the Google AdWords Nonprofit Grant also a plus.
- Development of Marketing + Communications Partnerships. The ideal candidate will know the value of strong marketing and/or communications partnerships in driving new eyeballs to the site. He/she will come with ideas and/or strong contacts with whom partnerships can be developed.
- Understanding and Analysis of Digital Media Trends. The Digital Marketing and Communications Manager should be comfortable monitoring digital media trends; particularly around relationship violence, emotional abuse, etc. He/she should be comfortable brainstorming strategies to leverage what is organically happening to One Love’s benefit as well as bring new ideas, tools, and insights to the table. A deep love of analytics is also essential in this role.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years of work experience that includes digital marketing and communications experience with a focus on developing strategies to drive large amounts of traffic/widen the funnel and then activating and executing them on the other side. Familiarity with the following is preferred:
- Use of Google Analytics and Google AdWords (particularly with nonprofit perspective)
- Use of CRM/CMS systems to execute strategies (Nationbuilder experience a plus!)
- Use of A/B testing headlines and deep comfort with use of data to inform decisions
- Experience managing brand tone/brand appearance and basic graphic design ability a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; high comfort multi-tasking
- Sense of humor a plus
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
The compensation and benefits package is competitive with comparable nonprofits in the region.
The position is based in Westchester County, New York, a 35-minute train ride from Grand Central Station in Manhattan. Limited travel may be part of this job.
TO APPLY: Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Put: “I’m your next Digital Marketing and Communications Manager” in the subject line
- Include an attached resume in PDF format
- Recommend one marketing/communications partnership One Love should develop and why.