- Mar 31, 2016
The One Love Foundation is committed to philanthropically funding the development and distribution of its educational tools and initiatives in the interest of sparking a movement to end relationship violence. As such, fundraising is a critical element of our work. We are hoping to hire an experienced fundraiser to identify and engage donors in our mission.
Our ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic fundraising professional who believes wholeheartedly in our mission and is eager to identify, cultivate, and solicit individuals capable of making major gifts. This is a unique opportunity for a dedicated, results-oriented, relationship builder to make a significant impact at an innovative nonprofit.
One Love is in a phase of rapid growth. Relationship management is at the core of our work and is an integral part of this role. He or she will build relationships from the ground up, raising awareness about and funds in support of One Love’s educational tools and campaigns. Development Directors will work to engage all members of the broader community deeply in our work, ultimately guiding the most motivated individuals to become leaders and financial supporters of this movement. The ideal candidate will love building relationships with people and will be comfortable calling new individuals to tell them about One Love and persuading them to get involved. The position requires strong entrepreneurial skills to leverage our small donor base and to build new relationships in our focused regions. This is not a traditional major gift officer position, but rather an opportunity to help a relatively new nonprofit grow and deepen in regions across the country.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward individual and corporate donors at the major gift level ($2,500 - $100,000+). Develop customized strategies to cultivate and solicit donors.
- Work closely with the Regional coordinators in developing strong relationships with community members to engage them in community fundraising efforts, volunteer opportunities and events.
- Identify new fundraising opportunities that match One Love’s mission and priorities.
- Create and develop compelling proposals to donors that effectively make the case for support.
- Assist in the development of Regional Leadership Councils (Boston, Dallas, New York & San Francisco) and lead efforts to engage and empower these important stakeholders and donors.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in the non-profit sector. Must have success in soliciting major gifts and building and deepening engagement with donors. Preference for experience with a start-up or campaign-driven non-profit.
- Enthusiasm for sales skills to develop a portfolio of donors.
- Exceptional relationship management skills that enable him/her to manage multiple relationships in a thorough and efficient way:
- Ability to create and manage schedules quickly, even when traveling
- Ability to develop efficient travel plans that maximize time on the road
- Extremely self-motivated with strong multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- This position is approximately 60% travel.
- Knowledge of Salesforce or similar donor database.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
The compensation and benefits package is competitive with comparable nonprofits in the region.
The position is based in Westchester County, New York, a 35-minute train ride from Grand Central Station in Manhattan.
TO APPLY: Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Put: “I’m your next Director, Development” in the subject line
- Include an attached resume in PDF format
- In 150 words or less, pitch us on why you’re the best candidate for the job