- Mar 28, 2017
One Love exists because Yeardley Love was killed and her death was avoidable. Fundraising fuels our growth and helps us to distribute this important information to as many people as possible. We are looking to hire an enthusiastic contributor to support our Partnership team. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who believes wholeheartedly in our mission and is eager to support, and learn from, a growing nonprofit’s fundraising team.
The Partnership Coordinator will play an important role by supporting all fundraising activities including donor management and appeals. The Partnership Coordinator will report directly to the Managing Director, Partnerships who oversees fundraising and partnerships for One Love.
- Record and maintain accurate information in donor database, including updating donor data, tracking incoming revenue, and running reports as appropriate in support of these activities
- Prepare written acknowledgements for gifts received and ensure any other appropriate acknowledgements are made
- Serve as a liaison between donors and staff, making calls and handling inquiries related to One Love and the partnerships team
- Identify new fundraising opportunities that match One Love’s mission and priorities:
- Conduct research on donors – individual, corporates, and foundations nationally
- Develop a plan that outlines application and report deadlines
- Write first draft of grant proposals and work with team to modify
- Support the partnerships team with donor management and organization. Add individuals, corporations, and foundations into Salesforce; verify accuracy of donor information; and update regularly across the organization
- Clearly communicate meeting, email, and call reminders in Salesforce; set timely alerts for grant proposals and reports annually
- Develop and run reports in Salesforce
- Assist with preparation of mailings: compile lists and check for accuracy; work with the team to ensure timely distribution
- Other related duties as requested
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-5 years of experience in non-profit development office
- Hard-working self-starter who is adaptable, positive, and excited by the opportunity to be part of an entrepreneurial and fast-moving team that is trying to change the world!
- Interest in building our base of support by researching potential partners
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, and a comfort working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working with Salesforce or similar donor database
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Sense of humor a plus!
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The compensation and benefits package is competitive with comparable nonprofits in the region.
The position is based in Westchester County, New York, a 35-minute train ride from Grand Central Station in Manhattan.
TO APPLY: Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Put: “I’m your next Partnerships Coordinator” in the subject line
- Include an attached resume in PDF format
- In 150 words or less, pitch us on why you’re the best candidate for the job