- Jul 11, 2017
The PR and Communications Coordinator is responsible for supporting all PR and communications activities, working closely with the Managing Director of Communications to build an internal PR program and to help support and systematize processes to ensure the communications function works more smoothly.
In this position, there is a heavy emphasis on writing. Additionally, a portion of time will be spent supporting social media content creation.
- Assist in the creation of communications materials (copy writing and design/layout) across the organization including press releases, media alerts, pitches, donor communications, presentations and editorial content
- Create and maintain targeted media lists
- Monitor media daily for trends and research story ideas to inform media pitches and social media content
- Organize and maintain all PR, marketing and communications assets including images, video and other content
- Manage catalog of all content across the organization; service internal requests
- Track media coverage; develop and maintain monthly reporting process
- Assist with servicing press requests
- Manage and update editorial calendar; liaise with internal stakeholders
- Conduct research for new PR initiatives and assist with social media content
- 1-2 years of communications or related experience
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Strong graphic design skills
- Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience dealing with quick turnarounds and deadlines
Personal Qualities and Attributes
- Deep passion for One Love’s mission and movement
- An engaging and approachable demeanor. Someone who has a collaborative – not turfy – mindset
- A polished communicator and excellent writer, able to effectively articulate the case for One Love support
- High energy, enthusiasm and a strong work ethic
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at once and to galvanize a team to do so as well
- Collaborative, team-driven style
- Superior organizational, time-management and follow-up skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset that embraces experimentation and can quickly pivot where required
- Sense of humor a plus!
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity; someone who uses a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regards to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance
- Bachelor’s degree required
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The compensation and benefits package is competitive with nonprofits of comparable size in the region.
The position is based in Westchester County, New York, a 35-minute train ride from Grand Central Station in Manhattan.
TO APPLY: Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Put: “I’m your next PR/Communications Coordinator” in the subject line
- Include an attached resume in PDF format
- In 150 words or less, pitch us on why you’re the best candidate for the job