The One Love Foundation is seeking an experienced and innovative Director of Educational Content & Digital Learning to oversee the design, development and ongoing adaptations of all One Love educational products, curriculum, tools and resources. These products and services are cross-platform – print, interactive digital, and linear media. The Director will be dedicated to ensuring that all One Love educational products optimize learning and impact for young people, educators and families.
One Love’s awareness and prevention approach is rooted in its high-impact workshops that utilize compelling, relatable film-based content paired with peer-facilitated discussion. The Director will ensure that the curricula that underlie these workshops are a comprehensive set of best-in-class materials.
The Director will also ensure that all One Love educational tools are research-based and user-informed – working closely with the Sr. Director of Evaluation to incorporate learnings from the field and engaging directly with educators and young people to maintain a deep understanding of our users’ needs and priorities.
Key Responsibilities and Outcomes
- Develop a curriculum and content strategy, working collaboratively across One Love teams (marketing, advancement, program, and operations) and with external partners and vendors to execute that strategy
- Lead and oversee the design, development and regular iterative improvements of all educational tools including, but not limited to:
- Workshop discussion guides
- New educational video content
- Facilitator training models
- Lesson plans to support implementation
- Tools and resources to supplement the workshop (activities, role plays, etc)
- Print materials (Educational hand-outs, etc.)
- Educational web content
- Packaging of our products for external audiences
- Create, execute and own the end to end curriculum development processes, working directly with engagement team to understand needs and/or effective experiments and translate into actionable tools and resources
- Bring market research, competitive intelligence, and a user experience perspective to fruition in creation of all educational products
- Ensure that the content, organization, and style of all materials published meet One Love’s editorial standards and voice. Ensure developmental appropriateness, accuracy, clarity, creativity, inclusion, and accessibility
- Maintain a constant eye toward how One Love tools can achieve national education priorities (e.g. Social & Emotional Learning) and incorporate proven pedagogical practices. Identify opportunities to align our curricula to national and state standards
- Continuously assess the curriculum offerings making sure they are appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated, effectively meeting the needs of our target audience
Learning Management System:
- Select the most appropriate strategies to virtually train facilitators of One Love workshops and One Love volunteers, leveraging a variety of learning platforms, e.g., virtual, classroom, e-learning, etc.
- Adapt training content from the physical environment to digital platforms in an interactive way that empowers participants to take action and provides a positive learning experience.
- Work closely with regional Executive Directors to manage the education curriculum library and evolve it into an e-learning environment that encompasses both hero-product and brand-agnostic materials
- Test content receptivity with field end-users
- Review user interfaces ensuring that information makes sense for the end-user
- Be lead contact/point-person for GIS, development and design vendors
- Be One Love’s go-to expert on the chosen e-learning platform
- Act as team interface with all e-learning platform vendors to initiate and maintain program
- Design user flow and experience that captures key data on both the user and the workshops they host/activities they participate in – and ensure sync to the CRM (Salesforce)
- Help develop and execute strategic and long-range plans
- Develop editorial and style guides for educational content
- Work with external vendors as needed, developing and managing schedules, tracking budgets, and building capacity
- Map content plan for new and existing assets
- Capture and share issues and solutions related to content and instructional design
- Manage the day-to-day content development cycle
- Define and deliver against strategic product development plans
- Ensure creative and timely execution of each education product
- Determine opportunities to expand program offerings and evaluation frameworks
- Develop and manage schedules, budgets, and capacity building through external vendors
Qualifications & Attributes
- Deep passion for One Love’s mission and movement
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of experience
- Experience developing curriculum/content
- Solid understanding of Learning Management Systems, preferably hands on experience with design or management of LMS
- Data-driven leader with a strong goals and metrics orientation
- Polished communicator and excellent writer
- High energy, enthusiasm, and a strong work ethic
- Low ego, patient and collaborative leader who is eager to work collaboratively with junior and senior colleagues to reach shared goals
- Entrepreneurial mindset that embraces experimentation and can quickly pivot where required. Prior experience working in a fast growth organization preferred
- Ability to be a strategic leader and visionary as well as to chart out a tactical plan of action. High comfort with multi-tasking is a must. Creativity is essential
- Extremely self-motivated with the ability to work both independently as well as part of a team
- Sense of humor is a plus!
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity; someone who views others with an assets-based lens, values all individuals and respects differences in regard to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The compensation and benefits package is competitive with comparable nonprofits in the region. The position is based in New York.