The One Love Foundation is looking for a passionate and savvy Content Marketing Manager to partner with One Love’s program, advancement, corporate partnerships, and marketing team to plan and master the brand voice for One Love. This position will continually improve and evolve One Love’s voice and content standards.
The successful candidate is versatile and able to plan and create content for web and mobile interfaces, speeches, transactional emails, video scripts, social media, and event and program content, as well as apply consistent standards and elevate the overall quality of our written work.
Based in New York, the Content Marketing Manager will be responsible for helping to manage the day-to-day flow of editorial work associated with custom content programs, working closely with our team to create compelling, creative, inspiring and in-depth features. This position will be responsible for the creation of content across all platforms including websites & digital hubs, videos, e-newsletters, social media, events, live journalism, infographics, e-zines, custom surveys, proposal writing and more.
Key Responsibilities and Outcomes
- Innovation: You can think beyond content to break the mold and blur the lines between content, technology, interactive experiences…and beyond. You maintain a high awareness of relevant trending topics and news to identify content opportunities.
- Thought Leadership: You are comfortable working with One Love executives to publish strategic and compelling thought leadership content that elevates our mission and our spokespeople.
- Creative Writing: From an idea manifesto to a video treatment to writing social copy, the One Love blog, event invites, or other marketing initiatives, you’re the resident go-to creative writer and a master of the brand voice.
- Storytelling: You will help shine a light on One Love’s mission on healthy vs unhealthy relationships by developing short and long form content for video, web, social and other external messaging opportunities.
- Content Collaborator: You will work closely with internal clients to create strong concepts from initial briefing through to execution. You are comfortable leading internal teams to gather input and validate content.
- Content Management: You will work cross-functionally to create a master editorial calendar that complements the master marketing calendar, also working closely with agency partners to ensure One Love’s voice is fully integrated into all external marketing initiatives.
- Content Distribution: You strategically identify external sites, communities, and other places to engage our target audience with content partnerships and integrations.
- Insights Analysis: You understand the value of insights and you can leverage these insights to create a unique story across any format. You develop and drive content marketing KPIs including traffic growth, search rankings, website conversion, lead generation, enrollments sourced from content, brand engagement, and content production.
Qualifications & Attributes
Professional Qualifications and Experience
- 5 – 8+ years of experience as a Copywriter, Content Strategist, or Editorial Writer in a creative agency, trade publication or in-house
- Experience working on a range of communications platforms – including but not limited to sales and marketing collateral, video storytelling, advertising, email templates, responsive web pages, and social media
- Ability to synthesize diverse inputs from education, evaluation, advancement, marketing, and ops to create content that resonates with key audiences
- Experience following tone of voice guidelines and aligning writing style with the brand for which you are working and the audience to which you are speaking
- Ability to self-edit for grammar, spelling, usage, and style
Personal Qualities and Attributes
- Deep passion for One Love’s mission and movement
- Demonstrates a generosity of spirit & predisposition to believe in positive intent in people; applies this orientation internally & externally (works against territorialism and us versus them dynamics)
- Energized by fluidity, and highly adaptable to rapidly evolving and changing environments
- “Light the world on fire”, action-oriented approach to work
- A polished communicator and excellent writer, able to effectively articulate the case for One Love
- High energy, enthusiasm, and a strong work ethic
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at once and to galvanize a team to do so as well
- Collaborative, team-driven style
- Superior organizational, time-management and follow-up skills
- Extremely self-motivated with the ability to work both independently as well as part of a team
- Goals and metrics oriented
- Entrepreneurial mindset that embraces experimentation and can quickly pivot where required
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity; someone who views others with an asset-based lens, values all individuals and respects differences in regard to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. The position will work in both New York City and Bronxville, New York, a 35-minute train ride from Grand Central Station in Manhattan.