The One Love Writers Corps is a virtual team of writers (ages 18 +) who are committed to helping One Love grow our digital content on joinonelove.org/learn.
AS A ONE LOVE CORPS MEMBER, YOU WILL COMMIT TO:
- A bi-weekly, 30-minute “newsroom” like call/video chat. Pending everyone’s schedule, these calls may take place at different times on alternating weeks (i.e., 12pm ET on week 1 and 5:30pm ET on Week 3). In this meeting, we’ll talk about recent news and trends as well as pass out any assignments for the week.
- Commit to either 4, 5 or 6 pieces of digital content you’ll produce to be published on joinonelove.org with your name on it (spread out across the Fall period).
THIS SOUNDS AMAZING! HOW DO I JOIN?
It’s simple! To apply, send an email to [email protected]. In your application, please send along the following:
- Why you’re pumped to join the One Love Writers Corps in 160 characters or less. Really pitch us here 😎
- Share 3 pitches you think we should add to our growing arsenal of content (i.e., 5 times when “I Love You” means something else”)
- In 500 words or less, write a mini article about the topic of emotional, digital or financial abuse that you could see living on our blog, and a mock Facebook post sharing the piece you wrote.
BENEFITS OF JOINING
The One Love Writers Corps is not without perks. Here are a few:
- A small stipend at the end of the Fall for writers who meet all the commitments.
- Ability to list “One Love Writers Corps member” on your resume and LinkedIn.
- Opportunity to bounce ideas with other writers who are passionate about empowering others to have the relationship(s) in life that they deserve.
- Fun! Lots of it!