ABOUT THE FLORIDA REGIONAL ENGAGEMENT COORDINATOR:
Regional Engagement Coordinators work to bring the educational workshops (i.e. Escalation, Couplets, Behind the Post, etc.) and Team One Love to specific regions where the Foundation seeks to work with a diverse set of partners including high schools and colleges as well as other youth-focused organizations, community groups, parents, and sports groups.
Regional Engagement Coordinators work to build deep roots and authentic partnerships within a given region that can help accelerate the movement to end relationship violence. The Florida Regional Engagement Coordinator will focus on the Northeast Florida area and will travel throughout Florida to maintain and develop support in areas as needed.
Our Regional Engagement Coordinators play the lead role in engaging people in the movement to end relationship abuse. The ideal candidate will love building relationships with people and will be comfortable calling people he or she has never met to tell them about One Love and persuading them to get involved.
Whether it’s students on college campuses and/or entire communities, he or she will build relationships from the ground up, raising awareness about One Love’s educational tools and campaigns. Coordinators engage students, staff, campus communities, and/or the broader community deeply in our work, ultimately guiding the most motivated individuals to become leaders of this movement.
He or she must also be comfortable as a facilitator and trainer, guiding others in how to lead a meaningful discussion, using our education workshops as tools. Given the critical importance of this role, it’s essential that the Engagement Coordinator believe 100% in the importance of our mission and in the power of communities, and young people in particular, to achieve ambitious goals.
This position will report to One Love’s Engagement Manager.
Key Responsibilities & Outcomes:
- Spreading One Love’s message and engaging new relationships in One Love’s work. The Regional Engagement Coordinator will be the lead communicator of our program and vision to their constituents. Whether talking to administrators, coaches, students, parents or community partners, the ideal candidate must be able to clearly communicate the essence of our work in a way that empowers people to participate and makes it easy for them to get involved. He or she must also be extremely organized and a strong detail manager who can work with our Salesforce database to keep track of relationship details and progress to make sure that no relationship or opportunity falls through the cracks. The ideal candidate will also be able to engage with key stakeholders in a way that effectively maximizes their contribution to our efforts.
- Facilitating educational workshops and training others to do the same. Our educational workshops, including our flagship workshop – the Escalation Workshop, stimulate important and sensitive discussions about relationship violence. Engagement Coordinators must be able to comfortably and adeptly manage workshops and trainings effectively. This includes facilitating small (10-20 person) and large scale (200-500 person) workshops, training facilitators to lead workshops, and helping schools to organize workshops of all sizes.
- Being a coach and cheerleader for inspired individuals, helping them to become community leaders. Escalation and #ThatsNotLove are waking students up to the presence of relationship violence in their lives and inspiring them to work for change. As their primary contact, Engagement Coordinators play a critical role in showing inspired individuals how they can participate and become true leaders in this work. This means building relationships with these individuals, providing constant support, and thinking creatively about how to help them engage their community further. This includes maintaining and developing our Teen and Campus Ambassador Programs.
- Working with the overall team to develop best practices to refine and improve our efforts. The Engagement team works together to understand what is working or not working so that best practices can be shared across the country. The ability to set goals and evaluate against these key metrics is essential to evaluating the success of our efforts. Equally important is the ability to creatively think about the other products and tools we can develop to engage students and the broader community even more deeply with this work. Engagement Coordinators have a keen eye to what “works” in reaching young people and readily share new activation ideas amongst themselves and with student volunteers. This role involves listening to what students, administrators, parents and community members on the ground want from One Love – and then bringing those creative ideas back to the team.
Professional Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-5 years of work experience
- Excellent communication skills that enable him/her to be confident and comfortable wearing a number of different hats (e.g. coordinating, educating, rallying, troubleshooting, fundraising, etc.)
- Exceptional project management skills for managing multiple relationships and multiple accounts thoroughly and efficiently:
- Ability to create, manage and adjust schedules quickly, even when traveling
- Ability to develop efficient travel plans that maximize time on the road
- Strong prioritization skills to develop action plans for your work
- Exceptional relationship manager who can recruit a diverse collection of individuals, schools, foundations, and organizations to this cause
Personal Qualities and Attributes
- Deep passion for One Love’s mission and movement
- Extremely self-motivated
- Strong multi-tasking abilities
- Energized by fluidity, and highly adaptable to rapidly evolving and changing environments
- An effective communicator and excellent writer, able to effectively articulate the case for One Love support
- High energy, enthusiasm, and a strong work ethic
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at once and to galvanize others to do so as well
- Collaborative, team-driven style
- Superior organizational, time-management and follow-up skills
- Goals and metrics oriented
- Entrepreneurial mindset that embraces experimentation and can quickly pivot where required
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity; someone who views others with an assets-based lens, values all individuals and respects differences in regard to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
The compensation and benefits package is competitive with comparable nonprofits in the region.
The position is based in Florida (Jacksonville preferred).
Send the following to [email protected]:
- Put: “I’m your next Florida Regional Engagement Coordinator” in the subject line
- Include an attached resume in PDF format
- In 150 words or less, pitch us on why you’re the best candidate for the job
One Love is committed to building a truly diverse and inclusive organization, and to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. One Love does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.