One Love is looking for a talented writer who is passionate about the movement. They will have a healthy obsession with the power of technology—specifically SMS and email—to change the world, shape behavior, and inspire people to start conversations about the difference between healthy and unhealthy relationship behaviors in their everyday lives.
One Love’s brand is accessible, non-judgmental, and like a good friend who always has your back. The right candidate will channel that brand voice and create compelling experiences via our owned channels on SMS and email that inform and inspire people to act and start conversations.
- SMS content strategy and distribution
- Build One Love’s SMS experience from scratch, developing strategies to capture people interested in starting the conversation about healthy and unhealthy relationship behaviors with their friends, loved ones or in their communities
- Create user flows that build engagement experiences for people after the Escalation Workshop
- Develop weekly tip strategy that shares healthy and unhealthy relationship behaviors
- Email communications and systems
- Oversee email communications and systems, built on top of Pardot
- Ensure brand consistency
- Focus on creating the best user experience – including user journeys and appropriate Welcome series
- Optimize user journeys created online via ‘Start a Conversation’ or ‘Rally Your Community’ modules
- Optimizing engagement experience
- Track and report on data regarding segments, churn, open rates, click throughs and other important metrics
- Conduct A/B testing to better optimize the engagement experience in collaboration with other team members
- Experience building out an SMS strategy
- History of innovative approaches and understanding of what it takes to build a trusted relationship with users
- Experience with planning and executing multi-channel direct marketing CRM programs using email or SMS (understanding of both preferred)
- Comfort with co-creation and design, helping people understand best practices for each of the communication mediums
- Superior writing skills – ability to write content across different mediums.
Personal Qualities and Attributes
- Deep passion for One Love’s mission and movement
- An engaging and approachable demeanor. Someone who has a collaborative mindset.
- A polished communicator and excellent writer, able to effectively articulate the case for One Love support
- High energy, enthusiasm and a strong work ethic
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at once and to galvanize a team to do so as well
- Collaborative, team-driven style
- Superior organizational, time-management and follow-up skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset that embraces experimentation and can quickly pivot where required
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity; someone who uses a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regard to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance
- Sense of humor a plus!
- Bachelor’s degree required
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The compensation and benefits package is commensurate with experience and is competitive with comparable nonprofits in the region.
This position is based in Bronxville, New York, a 35-minute train ride from Grand Central Station in Manhattan.
TO APPLY: Send the following to [email protected]
- Put: “I’m your next Mobile and Email Communications Manager” in the subject line
- Include an attached resume in PDF format
- In 300 words or less, pitch us on why you’re the best candidate for the job
- Include two examples of companies you think have excellent SMS strategies