ABOUT ONE LOVE
One in three women and one in four men experience relationship abuse in their lifetime. Young women ages 16-24 are at three times greater risk. Three women a day are killed by their partners in the U.S. alone. The statistics around relationship abuse make it a public health epidemic that all of us have a stake in changing.
One Love exists for one reason: Yeardley Love was killed, and her death was preventable if anyone in her life understood the warning signs of an unhealthy and increasingly dangerous relationship. This realization is the driving force behind our work to educate young people about relationship abuse and rally them in a campaign that can change the statistics.
What started in 2010 out of a family’s wish to honor their daughter, expanded in 2015 into a national educational campaign to improve young people’s understanding of healthy versus unhealthy relationships. Using emotionally compelling content, and a peer workshop model, we are reaching hundreds of thousands of young people, teaching them how to recognize signs of abuse, and providing them with the language and tools required to navigate these relationships.
Communities are engaging in this conversation across the country and increasingly around the world. Today, One Love is the national leader in educating young people about relationship health, educating more than 600,000 young people through an in-person One Love workshop and training 20,000 facilitators to lead these workshops in their communities. One Love’s #ThatsNotLove and #LoveBetter digital campaigns have had over 100 million views online.
As we continue to scale this campaign, engaging even more young people as leaders of this work, we are focused on ensuring the campaign reflects the perspectives and interests of all who are impacted by this issue. Working closely with individuals at schools and colleges, youth-facing organizations, and domestic violence advocates across the country, we will reach more people and engage more voices in a truly human campaign for change. As Sharon Love, Yeardley’s mom, said early on, “We model off Mothers Against Drunk Driving in our approach, and our goal is to change the statistics and social norms around abuse in one generation.”
 The CDC reported in its 2010-2012 Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey (NISVS) that: Over 1 in 3 women (37.3% or 44,981,000 victims) and nearly 1 in 3 men (30.9% or 35,236,000 victims) experienced contact sexual violence, physical violence, and/or stalking by an intimate partner during their lifetime. Smith, S.G., Chen, J., Basile, K.C., Gilbert, L.K., Merrick, M.T., Patel, N., Walling, M., & Jain, A. (2017). The National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey (NISVS): 2010-2012 State Report. Atlanta, GA: National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Released in April 2017.
ABOUT THE SENIOR CONTENT CREATOR POSITION
The One Love Foundation is looking for a passionate and savvy Senior Content Creator to partner with One Love’s education, advancement, corporate partnerships, and digital team to plan and master the brand voice for One Love. This position will continually improve and evolve One Love’s voice and content standards.
We need someone who is versatile and able to plan and create content for web and mobile interfaces, grant proposals, speeches, transactional emails, social media, and educational content, as well as apply consistent standards and elevate the overall quality of our work.
Based in New York, the Senior Content Creator will be responsible for helping to manage the day-to-day flow of editorial work associated with custom content programs, working closely with our team to create compelling, creative, inspiring and in-depth features. This position will be responsible for the creation of content across all platforms including websites & digital hubs, videos, e-newsletters, social media, events, live journalism, infographics, e-zines, custom surveys, proposal writing and more.
Key Responsibilities & Outcomes:
- Innovation: You can think beyond content to break the mold and blur the lines between content, technology, interactive experiences…and beyond. You maintain a high awareness of relevant trending topics and news to identify content opportunities.
- Thought Leadership: You are comfortable working with One Love executives to publish strategic and compelling thought leadership content that elevates our mission and our spokespeople.
- Creative Writing: From an idea manifesto to a video treatment to writing social copy, event invites, or other marketing initiatives, you’re the resident go-to creative writer and a master of the brand voice.
- Storytelling: You will help shine a light on One Love’s mission on healthy vs unhealthy relationships by developing short and long form content for video, web, social and other external messaging opportunities.
- Content Development: You’re a media savvy strategic writer who can conceptualize and create copy for CEO speeches, grant proposals, corporate partnership proposals, educational toolkits and more. You will help repurpose existing content for different uses, ensuring consistency and quality across all written content.
- Content Collaborator: You will work closely with internal clients to create strong concepts from initial briefing through to execution. You are comfortable leading internal teams to gather input and validate content.
- Content Management: You will work cross-functionally to create a master editorial calendar that complements the master marketing calendar, also working closely with agency partners to ensure One Love’s voice is fully integrated into all external marketing initiatives.
- Content Distribution: You strategically identify external sites, communities, and other places to engage our target audience with content partnerships and integrations.
- Insights Analysis: You understand the value of insights and you can leverage these insights to create a unique story across any format. You develop and drive content marketing KPIs including traffic growth, search rankings, website conversion, lead generation, enrollments sourced from content, brand engagement, and content production.
Qualifications & Attributes:
Professional Qualifications and Experience
- 7- 10+ years of experience as a Copywriter, Content Strategist, or Editorial Writer in a creative agency, trade publication or in-house agency
- Experience working on a range of communications platforms – including but not limited to sales and marketing collateral, video storytelling, advertising, email templates, responsive web pages, and social media
- Ability to synthesize diverse inputs from education, evaluation, advancement, marketing, and ops to create content that resonates with key audiences
- Experience following tone of voice guidelines and aligning writing style with the brand for which you are working and the audience to which you are speaking
- Ability to self-edit for grammar, spelling, usage, and style
Personal Qualities and Attributes
- Deep passion for One Love’s mission and movement
- Demonstrates a generosity of spirit & predisposition to believe in positive intent in people; applies this orientation internally & externally (works against territorialism and us versus them dynamics)
- Energized by fluidity, and highly adaptable to rapidly evolving and changing environments
- “Light the world on fire”, action-oriented approach to work
- A polished communicator and excellent writer, able to effectively articulate the case for One Love
- High energy, enthusiasm, and a strong work ethic
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at once and to galvanize a team to do so as well
- Collaborative, team-driven style
- Superior organizational, time-management and follow-up skills
- Goals and metrics oriented
- Entrepreneurial mindset that embraces experimentation and can quickly pivot where required
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity; someone who views others with an asset-based lens, values all individuals and respects differences in regard to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. The position will work in both New York City and Bronxville, New York, a 35-minute train ride from Grand Central Station in Manhattan.
TO APPLY: Send the following to [email protected]
- Put “I’m your next Senior Content Creator” in the subject line
- Include an attached resume in PDF format
- In 300 words or less, pitch us on why you’re the best candidate for the job
One Love is committed to building a truly diverse and inclusive organization, and to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. One Love does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, age, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.