ABOUT ONE LOVE
One Love was created in 2010 to honor the memory of Yeardley Love, a UVA senior who was killed by her ex-boyfriend just weeks before graduation. After her death, Yeardley’s family and friends were shocked to learn that 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men will be in an abusive relationship in his or her lifetime and that young women ages 16-24 are at 3x greater risk – and have limited awareness of this fact. One Love’s focus today is changing these statistics by sparking conversations in schools and their surrounding communities.
One Love works to give others the information that Yeardley and her friends and family didn’t have about what unhealthy and potentially dangerous relationship behaviors look like, empowering them to help themselves and their friends. To do this, One Love focuses on educating young people using emotionally-engaging, relatable, powerful content and tools that show them the relevance of this issue in their own lives, and inspire them to join a movement for change.
ABOUT THE BAY AREA SUMMER FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM
The One Love Fellowship Program is an opportunity to support One Love staff on various initiatives and projects furthering the movement to change the statistics around relationship abuse. There will be opportunities across many disciplines (Program Engagement, Fundraising, Operations, Marketing, etc.). Specific needs will be outlined at the start of the program.
Fellows will be trained as One Love workshop facilitators and lead workshops as needed. It’s expected that fellows will commit to bringing One Love to their campus sometime during the 2019-2020 school year.
As part of the learning experience, this fellowship includes participation in weekly meetings, lunch and learn sessions, and will include an assigned project for presentation at the culmination of the program.
The program will run from June 17th – August 2nd, with the week of July 1st off (some remote work may be completed during this time). The internship will generally cover normal business hours (9a – 5p) with flexibility based on One Love and Fellow needs. This position is based in San Francisco, CA.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Deep passion for One Love’s mission and movement
- An engaging and approachable demeanor
- High energy, enthusiasm and a strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills, including the ability and desire for public speaking around healthy relationships
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity; someone who uses a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regard to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance
- Sense of humor a plus!
TO APPLY: Send the following to [email protected] by May 15th
- Put: “I’m your next Bay Area Summer Fellow” in the subject line
- Include an attached resume in PDF format
- Include a cover letter explaining why you’re the best candidate for the position
One Love is committed to building a truly diverse and inclusive organization, and to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals. One Love does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.