Do you love social media and want experience working for a nationally recognized organization? One Love is looking for a social media intern to help run our owned social media channels (Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube). The ideal candidate for this position will be excited by the opportunity to work on a dedicated content and marketing team to help brainstorm creative ways to spread awareness of One Love’s mission. This individual will be eager to learn and comfortable assisting with some of the day-to-day tasks of running One Love’s social media.
Responsibilities of the Social Media Intern include:
- Brainstorm creative ways to grow One Love’s social presence
- Research and find content for use on One Love’s social channels
- Assist with the creation of content for One Love’s social media
- Download and organize of photos from social media tagged with @join1love
- Help in the collection of digital metrics each month
- Help put together lists of potential social media influencers
- No experience managing social media necessary! We want someone who is hungry to learn and wants real world practice.
- The ideal candidate would have completed coursework in the field(s) of advertising, marketing, public relations, or communications.
- Great writing and communication skills.
- Timeliness and willing to work on a deadline.
- Creative mindset.
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite products (Photoshop, InDesign, Premier Pro, etc.) is a plus but not mandatory.
PERSONAL QUALITIES & ATTRIBUTES
- Passion for One Love’s mission and movement.
- An engaging and approachable demeanor. Someone who has a collaborative mindset.
- High energy, enthusiasm, and a strong work ethic.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Entrepreneurial mindset that embraces experimentation.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity; someone who uses a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regard to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance.
- Sense of humor a plus!
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This is a part-time, unpaid internship. This internship could be used towards college credit if enrolled in a participating program.
Days and times for volunteer opportunity will be based on the candidate’s availability. The position is based in Westchester County, New York, but candidate can work remotely with some office visits required.
TO APPLY: Send the following to [email protected]:
- Put: “I’m your next Social Media Intern” in the subject line
- Include an attached resume in PDF format
- Tell us why you want the job!