The One Love Student Ambassador program is our flagship student engagement and movement-building hub for young leaders on college campuses (Campus Ambassadors) and high schools (Teen Ambassadors). Consisting of regular virtual meetings, calls to action, mentorship, and thorough support from dedicated One Love staff members, the Student Ambassador program encourages students to expand the movement to end relationship abuse in their communities. Many students start their own student-led clubs, help organize and hold Escalation and #ThatsNotLove workshops and conversations and work with campus administrators to educate their peers. The program runs three times per year (January-May, July-August, and September-December) with applications open at the beginning of each of those periods.
WHO CAN APPLY? Any (yes any!) currently enrolled college student is eligible to be a Campus Ambassador! High school students in the following cities and their surrounding areas are eligible for our Teen Ambassador program: New York City/ Tri State Area, Baltimore/DC, San Fransisco Bay, Seattle, and Boston. There is a limit of two ambassadors per school/campus. Students of color, LGBTQ folks, and students from communities traditionally underrepresented are encouraged to apply!
Responsibilities and Expectations:
Students best suited for this program are passionate about ending relationship violence through bringing One Love’s message, #ThatsNotLove, and the Escalation Workshop to their peers.
- About 2-4 hours per week of time commitment
- Regular attendance on bi-weekly conference calls with other ambassadors from across the country
- Frequent communication and check-ins with One Love staff members
- A commitment to outreach and event/activation planning to organize workshops, plan activities, and educate peers
- A deep passion for One Love’s mission and movement
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity; someone who uses a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regard to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance
- An engaging and approachable demeanor. Someone who has a collaborative – not turfy – mindset
- A polished communicator and excellent writer, able to effectively articulate the case for One Love support
- High energy, enthusiasm, and a strong work ethic
- Collaborative, team-driven style
- Superior organizational, time-management and follow-up skills
TO APPLY: Please visit this application here by Friday, June 15th at noon ET for the Summer Program and by August 10th at noon ET for the Fall program. Hint: the summer program is meant to plan for a successful fall with One Love, so it is highly encouraged that you continue to the fall.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Samantha Hanson at [email protected]