The One Love Campus Ambassador program is our flagship student engagement and movement-building hub for young leaders on college campuses and high schools across the country. Consisting of bi-weekly virtual meetings, regular calls to action, mentorship, and thorough support from dedicated One Love staffmembers, the Campus Ambassador program encourages students to expand the movement to end relationship abuse in their communities. Many students start their own student-led clubs, help organize and hold Escalation and #ThatsNotLove workshops and conversations, and work with campus administrators to educate their peers. The program runs three times per year (January-May, July-August, and September-December) with applications open at the beginning of each of those periods.
The program is open to any currently enrolled college student in the United States and high school students in the following cities and their surrounding areas: New York City/Tri State Area, Baltimore/DC, San Francisco, Seattle, Boston, Dallas, and Florida. There is a limit of two ambassadors per school/campus. Students of color, LGBTQ folks, and students from communities traditionally underrepresented are encouraged to apply!
Responsibilities & Expectations of Student Ambassadors:
- Students best suited for this program are passionate about ending relationship violence through bringing One Love’s message, #ThatsNotLove, and the Escalation Workshop to their peers.
- About 2-4 hours per week of time commitment
- Regular attendance on bi-weekly conference calls with other ambassadors from across the country
- Frequent communication and check-ins with One Love staff members
- A commitment to outreach and event/activation planning to organize workshops, plan activities, and educate peers
- A deep passion for One Love’s mission and movement
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity; someone who uses a personal approach that values all individuals and respects differences in regard to race, ethnicity, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability and socio-economic circumstance
- An engaging and approachable demeanor. Someone who has a collaborative – not turfy – mindset
- A polished communicator and excellent writer, able to effectively articulate the case for One Love support
- High energy, enthusiasm, and a strong work ethic
- Collaborative, team-driven style
- Superior organizational, time-management and follow-up skills